Author: Ravi C K/Friday, April 29, 2016/Categories: Windows Azure Pack, Windows Azure, Microsoft Azure Stack, V Connect
Microsoft Azure Stack TP1 is out and is one of the much anticipated cloud platform offerings among enterprises and service providers. It is for good reasons, for the first time customers will be able to get their hands on a complete cloud platform that runs tons of hardware across datacenters spanning continents for Microsoft Azure cloud serving millions of requests and have it deployed in your own enterprise or hosted cloud datacenters. With Microsoft Azure Stack, Microsoft delivers a truely unified cloud management for both onpremise cloud and Microsoft's Azure public cloud. Microsoft Azure Stack comprises of core Microsoft Azure public cloud technologies like Compute, Networking and Storage layers, the foundational services with which most of the innumerous Microsoft Azure services are built upon. Out of the box in TP1, Azure Stack has these core services, Compute Resource Provider and customers can also install Websites RP, SQL RP for Azure Stack which are available.
Along with these, you can now connect Azure Stack to VMware right away with VConnect for Azure Stack. Cloud Assert is commited to building and integrating Hybrid cloud platforms and usually start at the early stages to help customers leverage latest cutting edge technologies and newer versions of popular cloud platforms. Cloud Assert has been proactively leveraging the Azure Stack platform and delivered first release of VConnect for Azure Stack Technical Preview 1.
Two Paths for Azure Stack and VMware integration:
1) If you are an existing VConnect customer on Windows Azure Pack platform, you can integrate existing VConnect installation in Windows Azure Pack with your Azure Stack TP1 PoC and start enjoying the newer UI and management functions in VConnect for Azure Stack.
2) If you are new to VConnect, you can simply deploy VConnect administration components for Windows Azure Pack and then deploy VConnect for Azure Stack. Just a quick setup of VConnect and WAP basics, without any requirement for installing System Center or other components. Only bare minimum express WAP setup and VConnect setup is required to facilitate the backend administration.
- Installation Instructions for VConnect : Integrating VMware with Azure Stack
- Video: DEMO - VConnect VMware integration with Microsoft Azure Stack TP1
- Video: Installing VConnect VMware integration with Microsoft Azure Stack TP1
Number of views (5680)/Comments (0)