Usage and Billing solution for Windows Azure Pack is a platform for enterprises and service providers to address the need to provide a simple, straight forward Windows Azure Pack resource utilization across various services over time. Usage and Billing solution enables Windows Azure Pack administrators to configure pricing for more than 100+ resources, maintain multiple Pricing Profiles, integrate with billing systems and generate invoices automatically based on real usage from the end users.
It is a flexible solution that covers various scenarios such as:
PLAN CREDITS – similar to Azure. Users can have an overall credit of say x Amount and they are free to use any resource for that x amount. Excess usage automatically billed based on utilization.
BUNDLED OFFERS – similar to popular service provider offerings. Users buy a bundle of resources in advance, like x CPU, y DB Size, z Websites. Only usage that exceeds these included unit credits will be invoiced.
PURE USAGE BASED – there will be no included credits at the plan level or at resource level. All the usage will be invoiced based on the metered resource values.
VALUE ADDED END USER FEATURES
- Ongoing Month-To-Date Usage Overview for Tenant Users
- Tenant Users can download detailed usage
- Tenant Users can view historical usage
- View for all subscriptions managed by the same user in one place
- Detailed overview per tenant subscription
- Tenant Users can configure rules to alert based on usage limits
- Notifications visible in Tenant Portal
- Notifications can be configured to be sent as emails
- Intuitive user interface for rule configuration
- Highly available Aggregation Engine
- Aggregate usage from variety of services like SQL, Virtual Machines, Websites, and Request Management etc.
- Master and Slave architecture to provide high availability
- Processing status visibility for administrators in Admin Portal
- Daily aggregations to provide visibility into daily resource consumption
- Monthly aggregations to generate monthly invoices
- Administrators can see and edit pricing from Admin Portal UI (no complicated XML configurations)
- Ability to include credits at plan and add-on level
- Any metered resource in Windows Azure Pack can be used for billing
- Configured with more than 100 usage resources out of the box
- Additional usage resources can be added by administrators without requiring additional licenses
- Multiple Pricing Profiles can be maintained at the same time
- Easy cloning and editing features for Pricing Profiles
- Automated user and subscription creation in Windows Azure Pack, when a new user orders a product in WHMCS
- Automated email notification to user with login information for Windows Azure Pack portal
- Automated Subscription life cycle sync with Windows Azure Pack and WHMCS
- WHMCS Invoice generation based on tenant user usage in Windows Azure Pack
- Easy mapping from WHMCS Products to Windows Azure Pack Plans